Monday, May 24, 2010

Grab-bag

1.
The best part about not being paid for a day of manual labor is the sitting in layers of my favorite clothes (thermals+sweaters) on the floor by my space heater drinking an enormous mug of chai+vanilla soy milk reading Clint Eastwood film synopses and getting my brain/life in order. And great convo over a lunch that includes lime juice. And that the sun is shining shining.

2.
As of right...now, it is official: I'm running my first marathon in September (Logan) or October (somewhere else?). And to celebrate defending my thesis (or something) I will run this.

3.

And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach. Isaiah 4:1

I don't love dating at BYU. The old college try notwithstanding.

2 comments:

Genny said...

wow--great running goals! And haha and not so haha about the woman and man thing

Katie said...

The Big Sir marathon looks amazing! While I'm not entirely sure how running that far becomes a reward to yourself, the change in scenery definitely will be :)