Tuesday, June 3, 2008

In Rainbows

Radiohead is a band not to be taken lightly. That is, you can't just pop an album in and go, or as my friend put it, "they are best taken in moderation." Too true. I've just now found myself in a state to appreciate In Rainbows, and oh how I do. I don't know what kind of a person Thom Yorke is, or what he's thinking about when he's writing, or how everyone else in the band contributes, but I have been completely consumed by the beauty of their composition and, really strikingly, their lyrics. I think I love "Weird Fishes/Arpeggi" the most so far: "I'd be crazy not to follow, follow where you lead. Your eyes, they turn me." And "All I Need:" "I am a moth who just want to share your light?" Just rapturous and beautiful.

1 comments:

Meikel said...

I have also been loving In Rainbows, I wonder if you have heard the 2nd disc in the series. It is quite marvelous and really brings everything together. Hope to see you soon!