Thursday, September 30, 2010

what it feels like

I feel like I'm being smooshed between malignant forces: from the inside, my stomach is turning turning--diet coke and sunflower seeds for lunch. The press is lurching and liquid and smashes unexpected and I think of it carefully as if my thoughts were careful hands and the pressure had spikes.
On the outside, bricks. Rough and square and heavier and heavier. Piled flat both on my shoulders and my lower back, even though I'm sitting up. My jaw resists opening, even, and my neck bending.
I can't I can't I can't.

2 comments:

Lindsey Hicks said...

All I have to say to that is: snap snap snap snap:) You're such a great writer.

Scott Morris said...

That all sounds really uncomfortable. I recommend that instead of diet coke and sunflower seeds for lunch you eat something healthier, like the leftover scraps of salad in the comp office and the candy available throughout the carrels...that's been my plan lately.