Tuesday, March 4, 2008

You know what I hate?

Lina: You know what I hate?
Me: What?
Lina: Those conversations you start by saying "you know what I hate?" You should be in love with more things.

Good call.

What I love: there's a baseball field behind my house. They've started to play already and the sound the game and oooh the springtiminess is making me very excited for warmer days and very excited to be alive.
Liann came home from Arizona Sunday night with fifty pounds (or more, there is a lot) of citrus. We've got grapefruit, oranges, tangelos, cumquats (brought just for me, Liann's adorable). Her parents have trees and it's all fresh-picked and I've plowed through like 5 tangelos and a handfull or two of cumquats. There's nothing can beat a good tangy juicy delicious tangelo.
When I run in the morning I go all glowy and even if I'm not feeling great I still feel great.
I got to teach Aristotle today. Some (most) of my kids were completely zoning out, but some of them got it. How cool is that? Ninth graders getting into Aristotle. Sooo cool.
Also, one of my students who is one of the harder ones to reach completely went beyond the mark and filmed and edited this trailer for Oedipus Rex--he had friends and family in togas and there was an extended sword fight (which may or may not have happened in the play, but it was so great I sort of overlooked that.)
Our bathtub is unplugged! I showered without wading around today, I love it.

Life is good.

14 comments:

David Grover said...

I don't know what other people look for when they are shopping around for a house, but a properly draining bathtub should be high on that list.

A close second: good water pressure.

Kjerstin Evans Ballard said...

We have excellent water pressure and sooo warm. We also have hair...opposition in all things I guess.

David Grover said...

Man! We got crummy water pressure, warm-at-best water, AND hair. At least the tub sometimes drains efficiently.

JKC said...

Of course there's an extended swordfight in Oepidus Rex.

How could there not be?

Kjerstin Evans Ballard said...

One of those phallic days again, huh?

JKC said...

You got it.

Lina said...

I sound brilliant when you speak for me. I approve.

The Shark said...

I thought the sword fight was the crux of the entire play.

And holy Moses, ke, how many friends do we have in common??? Have you checked out Club Narwhal yet? And why didn't WE ever hang out while we were both in Provo?

Amanda said...

ke, you forgot to include on your list your love for groups of little schoolchildren wearing red hats.

I love the Y-Front/Writing Center flow going on here. And I love that Lina just posted on a blog even though she claims that she never reads blogs.

Kjerstin Evans Ballard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kjerstin Evans Ballard said...

Also I love: teaching my nephew to play slaps.
Shark: I know. What happened: I lived in Monticello waaay before my mission. Really this just adds to the creepiness for me. Jared was in my ward a little later, and your name was mentioned but you weren't around? Then I went on my mish (meanwhile Jared was in Y-front and working with Amanda in the Writing Center). When I got home you were gone, Jared was gone, Amanda and I realized the connection when one of us started playing the yeah game and the other played back and we flipped out and made the connection. We both know the coolest kids in town is the answer? (Just found Club Narwhal, haven't partaken yet...)

David Grover said...

DELETED!

The Shark said...

Finally remembered to check back here!

Wait wait wait.... You didn't live in Monticello all the way UP to your mission, did you? Because I was in Y-Front from August '03 until April '06, when I was exiled by the Devil himself to TPM housing. I feel like that's a pretty large chunk of time to have missed each other, unless you were in White Brick.

And I assume you're talking about Jared Cook, and it'd be weird if I came up in conversation before he'd moved to Y-Front, because we didn't really know each other until then (unless he was relating stories he'd heard from my brother, Jared, who he'd met in London study abroad).

And I'm ticked off that Amy Scott isn't going to be sticking around VA.

Kjerstin Evans Ballard said...

I lived in redbrick from August till December of '02 and didn't meet Jared Cook until the fall of '03--and it might've been just word-of-mouth or whatever: once you hear of a guy named Shark you tend not to forget.

Also, can I reiterate the fact that Amanda knows every cool person who has ever lived in Provo? She draws them like a magnet...