Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy November 5th!

I have my reservations. The conservative tendencies dyed deep in my sinews are cringing this morning. I think we shouldn't be hasty to leave a Middle East that is going to collapse into chaos. I think that everyone has a right to the money that they make.


But.

I haven't been able to stop smiling this morning. I've almost started crying a couple of times.

Even if things go very very poorly (and I don't think they will) this is such a pivotal moment. American asking for change. Barack Obama and everything that he stands for taking charge.

We're on the brink and I wish they were selling real estate here.

Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

Makayla Steiner said...

And his speech was incredible, and he's inspiring, and he seems sincere, and the thing that made me almost cry was watching the tears roll down Jesse Jackson's cheeks. Black Americans have waited a long time for this moment, and you know what? I think they deserve it. What's more, I'm impressed that he is so inclusive. I think he really might do some good things.

My conservative roots also have their reservations, but I've also had a continuous grin since last night. :)

The Shark said...

Ditto most things said in both the post and this statement. I am still antsy about this whole thing, but would have felt much worse if McCain/Palin had won -- and I'm a registered republican (well, actually I'm accidentally a registered democrat, but that's a long story not worth telling, except the part where the democrats thought I was an inactive voter who'd just popped up on their grid, so I had two of them knocking on my door every day).

It will be interesting to see what ensues. Obama does indeed seem sincere, and somewhat competent. I hope we can see some serious progress in the next few years.