Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Summer Job is Better than Your Summer Job, Part 2

Lest you guys start to think that I'm getting paid by Orem city for lying around tanning and smiling at passers-by: today I spent about an hour in a tree. I climbed it with my branch cutters and snippers (the snippers in my back pocket) and inched my way around trying to pull down a vine that had tangled itself up. Later I had a rake-fellow (one of the sharp ones) and was using it as an extendo-arm to pull down the vine and the nest it had created that captured last year's cotton seeds. Gorgeous. I also spent more than an hour digging up rocks. This entailed the digging up of small rocks, the tossing of these somewhere out of sight, and the attentive watching of the earthworms wiggle and gasp. They are sooo cool and sooo gross!

You wish you had my job. :)

3 comments:

Scott Morris said...

I still think my summer job might be better than your summer job. Yesterday I spent about three hours surfing the web on museum and government websites looking for photography of Southwest Americans. Then I went to a training session for InDesign, then I came back to the office and read children's books on the American Southwest. Also, we have a freezer that is PACKED with Otterpops. Every cubic inch, including the door, is otter pops!

Katherine said...

Your job is better than mine. But there was never any question about that. The other day I spent several hours at work planning my exit--I was going to stick it to my corporate-minded boss and come cut vines with you.

Michael Powers said...

I so wish I had your job. How are you by the way? Climbing trees is good exercise, but you could get even more if you drop by my house. I still live in the one with the big window on 6th east. Oh, and check out my blog if you have time: http://satirereport.com

Ian McConnaughey