Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Google is for Creeps

So when I was new to Gmail, I thought it was pretty disconcerting how the ads in the sidebar matched my emails--and they were pretty good. They've gotten less accurate and I've gotten a little less paranoid, but I think my antlers are up again: I was checking out Google Maps and they have a picture of my house. I'm at the end of a cul de sac too, so it's just my house and not only that, my dad's truck is out there. When did they take this picture and who took this picture? I was sitting inside my house with my roommate Liann when they did it and that's creepy. And don't get me started on Google Earth. Eeeech.

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

I think it's really funny how, if you clean out your spam box, gmail will advertise spam recipes to you.

Rachel said...

This is kinda creepy. I hear you can opt out somehow, but I can't imagine how that would work (a blurry spot where your house would be?). I wonder if this is sort of what that prophecy meant, that your deeds will be shouted from the rooftops.

Makayla Steiner said...

I like Google Earth... :)

Katherine said...

Creepy for sure, but I'm still having a love affair with all things Google.