Thursday, August 28, 2008

Look what I can do

I just got back from my first ever fieldtrip. I planned it, passed out permission slips (and collected and sorted and alphabetized them...), printed out nametags (mail merge is a genius), coordinated parent volunteers (with lists and nametags and their insurance info), hired the bus driver (this morning). I also spent first and second periods sorting and checking and listing. We ran around frantically trying to get a couple of students permissed and paid for. I decided to drive last minute (so I could beat the bus up to be able to pay the admission fee...), which worked beautifully. At the end of the day, though, everyone was on the bus. Miraculously. I closed the door, patted the bus affectionately and they were off. Home in time for seventh.
What am I some kind of adult? :)

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Congratulations on your adulthood.

Kjerstin Evans Ballard said...

I think my compulsive need to reassert this "adulthood" may speak to a fundamental flaw in it...

Amanda said...

Nah. You're pretty much growed up, the way I sees it.

I'm applying for an English teaching position at an awesome local charter school. If I get an interview, you can expect I'll be calling you for advice, miss fieldtripper!