Monday, September 22, 2008

Genius

So, now that I have an supply closet to use at my discretion, a lifelong desire has been fulfilled, ok a couple, but one in particular: I have all the post-its I could ever ask for.
Thanks to this free-flow of stickies, my method of organization reflects perfectly my method of thought, which is this: think a thing. Sort of forget about it. In one flurried action pull everything pertinent out and hand them all over.
For instance: I never remember quotes intentionally. I tried memorizing on my mission (and after) and it was hardly ever successful. BUT when I'm in the midst of a conversation, pop, I have the quote and it's sometimes paraphrased a little, and sometimes I don't remember who said it, but usually it works great.
Also, my room never stays clean. I do one thorough cleaning once a week, which is desperately needed, because for the rest of my week (or period of panic, depending) I toss clothes and pillows everywhere.
My desk at school is covered almost entirely with notes to myself. You missed a test? I owe her money? 5th period has to stay in at break? Everything is written on teal-blue notes scattered around my room.

4 comments:

Day said...

Awesome. :) I relate.

I watched a video on TED awhile back about intuitive design in interfaces. . . it really made me think about the different ways people think and organize. Your desk of notes reminds me of one of the ones they showed.

Hopefully in the future there will be actual technology for the "disorganized." :)

Erin The Great said...

oh sticky notes... my favorite.

Katherine said...

I am jealous of your post-its.

Katherine said...

Well, of you for possessing an unlimited supply, rather.