Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sometimes I Even Surprise Myself

like today. I just paid for 5 visits with a personal trainer. I found a "One Week Free" card from 24 Hour Fitness while I was at Puddin' on the Rice the other day (don't worry, irony is hardly ever lost on me) and decided to give it a try.
So far I've been every day. Yoga a couple of times and some cardio stuff and yesterday they tried to sell me on a personal trainer (Amy. Cute as a button, married to a skinny boy, which bodes well somehow) and I said yes. Why not? I kind of feel like I've been on the outskirts of gorgeous all my life and figure I might as well dive in [you can supress whatever urges you're feeling to reassure me at this point] and what it boils down to is that teachers always gain weight their first years, right? Where's the time/energy to run?
I'm really excited though. Just to be healthy and doing. Though...

When I was a freshman I got lost in the Richards (PE) building on BYU campus. I felt sooo out of place, all these beautiful long-legged dancers, etc. It's a little like that at the gym, but mostly not.

Workout people are just like any other kind of geek, I think, just prettier. I heart geeks. :)

3 comments:

MollyE said...

wow, you are so lucky to be at least on the outskirts of gorgeous. I have always considered myself way far away in another country from gorgeous. You can resist the urge for me too by the way. Love the post, love the idea of you going to the gym.

SAC said...

Reading your blog just makes me happy. I don't have much to report in the housing department, but I'll let you know if I do.

My personal regimen for keeping fit is to be frequently late enough for the bus and/or class that I have to push myself to the current limits of my performance to (hopefully) get there in time. It isn't for everyone, but it works for me.

Amanda said...

Get excited! I have big plans for you and me and Katherine biking at least most of the 18-mile Mt. Vernon trail when you get out here. It is GORGEOUS and you will love it I just know it! I'm thinking we should bike to Arlington National Cemetery on Sunday morning before church...