Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ever wondered what the extra "r" is for?

What is it about February? Yeah I was kind of bummed but I rode my way through December and January with style. Even that 2-week-long inversion late in the month didn't get me down noticeably (I mean, I whined a bit but isn't that just white noise anymore?). This week has beat me down something awful. And I've been sleeping (a lot) and running (not a lot).

I tried to pull myself out of the funk today by teaching fun things, but instead I managed to ruin comic theory and make the kids dread an assignment to write/draw a comic adaptation of the Odyssey. What? This is my best idea all year. Drag drag drag. Complain complain complain. I've lost my ability to pull myself out of bed and turns out my alarm clock only goes for an hour an a half before the snooze gives out.

I might have read all day yesterday (Understanding Comics is 100% genius, thank you Jared for the intro. Everyone will love it) and gone to bed at 8. 8! I might also have had a donut and Diet Coke for lunch.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.



Dear May:
I love your guts. Wish you were here.
ke

4 comments:

Jen said...

I second the letter to May! Can we send that via FedEx Overnight? :) The last two weeks have beaten everyone down, I think. Here's hoping the weekend is restful and uneventful!

Emily Fox King said...

hang in there buddy. hope to see you sooooon

Kjerstin Evans Ballard said...

(Jenn--doesn't that seem like something Karen could take care of? She's a genius.

Foxie--when?)

Petra said...

Holy hell, you do positive anymore.

(Um, I only barely know you, but hi.)