Monday, April 28, 2008

Moving Truck

After a record-breaker for helping people move this week (really only 2 big ones. Really they weren't that big) I have come to the conclusion that I am good at moving. This has been very reaffirming as you don't often come across those forgotten, tucked-away talents. I am good at organizing things into boxes. I'm good at labeling those boxes. I'm pretty good at organizing boxes, as well as large furniture, into vehicles and sheds and small rooms (a second opinion often helps) in an efficient way. I'm also very strong. Little known fact, but I can lift a bunch.
Yes this is an open invitation, I would love to help you move. I've been tickled to be able to put my skills to good use.
I think this all started with a family that moved a lot. We once moved an only slightly abbreviated household from one place to another in a single day and were set up playing Dr. Mario that evening. My mom is a genius at this stuff. And I'm just mildly OCD. In certain areas of my life, like box packing.
In an (mostly) unrelated field: I'm getting very tan. This pleases me to no end.
Let the summer commence.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I am very glad you are good at moving. I am even more relieved that this post sounds like you're not going to implode with self-analysis. Progress? or Denial? I don't care.

Kjerstin Evans Ballard said...

I'd like to think a healthy mixture of the two. :)