Sunday, June 8, 2008

My Summer Job is Better than Your Summer Job, Part 3

Some recent highlights:
a) Jesus. A film crew came up Thursday morning asking if they could use our mountain. I told them to call someone, and made a mental note to close the gate to the park the next morning (it's not a public road and they totally drove in. Jerks.) So Friday morning I see six or seven people walking through the park with cameras etc. as I'm mowing the lawn. I don't pay much attention until I start mowing closer to them and realize that one of the guys, the one with long hair and a beard, is dressed like Jesus. With white Reeboks, which he changes out of at some point.
b) White trash wedding: the father of the bride was wearing black leather pants.
c) Nature: snails mating (How can you tell?) and then sliming about. I watched them go from one rock to another--real slow and smooth (snail-like). It was just cool and kind of amazing.
d) I found a dead baby bird in the grass. He was almost featherless, with huge eyes and a huge beak. The ants had got to his stomach and eyes, but otherwise he was almost complete. When's the last time you got to see a baby bird close up?
Good job.

2 comments:

Erin The Great said...

You're summer job kicks the crap out of my summer job... I'm jealous!

Scott Morris said...

I found a very tiny dead bird in my compost pile. As far as I know, its still there, though it was decomposing fairly quickly.