Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Stuff I Like

I am considering spending my Christmas budget on these.




Right?





(I saw the film Helvetica last night. A main argument was between the simplicity/boredom of Modernism and the schizophrenia/freedom of Postmodernism. I was not surprised to find that I fall pretty surely in the Modernism camp, Gill Sans girl that I am. Anyway. You should see it. A favorite quote:

“The life of a designer is a life of fight. Fight against the ugliness. Just like a doctor fights against disease. For us, the visual disease is what we have around, and what we try to do is cure it somehow with design” - Massimo Vignelli

...which has a lot to do with the ideas of entropy that I've been kicking around, actually. Entropy and control freakiness/attention to detail.)

1 comments:

Scott Morris said...

Yes, those are cool. Why are they being sold along with all that baby stuff? I mean they also sell espresso cups that match, but everything else they sell is for babies. I don't think babies need espresso; kids are hyper enough these days.