Monday, October 13, 2008

Provo/Orem Bound

For those of you who live locally and haven't yet: go to the Orem Public Library. Go today. Get a card. I was down perusing their film selection and was almost brought to tears. Nico Icon? The literature section? (Readings by Grace Paley, Czeslaw Milosz, Louise Gluck)? I'm entirely in love.

Also, the book sale, which isn't always great, was: Pale Fire. Fifty cents. Also, if anyone has a record player, there are some great spoken-word albums to be had.

Genius!

2 comments:

Scott Morris said...

Many many moons ago, when I was in High school, I was in town visiting my step-mom's family and she took me to the Orem Library to get music. If I remember correctly, they had a HUGE selection of CDs. I got every PDQ Bach album I've ever wanted, or have since ever wanted.

Day said...

yeah. .

when I have visitors from out of town I take them on the local library tour. :)